Monday, November 30, 2009

Learning to ‘send away’ before going away!

It has been great to ‘settle’ back in to Australia (even if only for another couple of months). There is something very special about this country and it will always be my home. But I am really looking forward to the opportunity to live in England for a couple of years.

Ali and I have been offered the opportunity to run a kids ministry in England. We will be employed full time to facilitate school programs, outreach services, holiday clubs, scripture in schools and of course Sunday morning kids church. It is a strange thought to think that what we have been ‘squeezing’ into our lives after work and on weekends, will now become our job. It is a surreal time when you passion and vocation collide. I am really looking forward to see what God does in me during this journey – How will I respond to my job being where my passion is??? I don’t know what it will look like, but I know it is going to be miraculous!

I preached on the weekend at both services on Sunday (Gateway Church – Lake Mac and Hunter Campuses) on forgiveness. It was a real revelation to me that the original Greek word used in the Gospel actually means to ‘send away’. It helps to understand that forgiveness is not actually as much about the other person as it is about me. To forgive someone is actually about me choosing to ‘send away’ the hurt or pain or blame or guilt or debt. It has little to do with the person who committed the offence but has heaps to do about the ‘baggage’ we carry through life. The more things I forgive or ‘send away’, the less weight that I am carry and therefore greater sense of freedom and ability to run. Well it was profound to me.

Anyway, must get going and continue planning on how I can forgive more people and also get ready to move half-way around the world!

Bless ya!
b.

No comments:

Post a Comment